Waxing or Shaving?
Its a dilemma we all come to face at one stage or another and it can be hard to choose!
Most people often stick to shaving for a number of reasons
– They think it’s cheaper. Waxing appointments can seem costly at first, but heck have you seen the price of razors?!
– They think it’s faster. You don’t have to make an appointment and then wait around all hairy for said appointment to come around.
– You can do it in the comfort of your own home. A lot of people are mortified at the thought of a stranger seeing their hairy limbs or MORE! The truth is your therapist has seen it all. They are looking at body parts all day and to them its simply an area with hair they need to remove, they don’t actually even notice the area around the hair.
– They think waxing is painful. Waxing should never be painful, yes the first couple of appointments will be uncomfortable as the hair is coarse from years of shaving, but once the hair begins the thin out it is completely comfortable.
If you look at the pros of waxing then it might convince you to ditch the razor
– The major bonus of waxing is how long it lasts, imagine NOT having to shave for WEEKS, imagine not having to rush home to shave before a last minute night out or date.
– Not only does it last weeks but over time with continuous appointments the hair actually gets thinner and sparser. Because waxing is removing the hair directly from the follicle over time the number of hairs growing in the area lessens.
– You feel more comfortable and fresher, Let’s be real here ladies there is nothing worse than the days after shaving when the hair begins to grow back!! Ouch!
– You can wear a bikini without feeling self conscious, forget panicking wondering if you’ve gotten every hair before sporting your bikini!
– You can get to those “hard to reach” areas..yes…I mean between the cheeks!
I recently switched to waxing from shaving and for me, waxing is just more suitable because I hate the effort of shaving every day and love having the confidence and security to go for a swim whenever I want, or agree to last minute nights out without worrying ‘when did I shave last??’.
I just feel more fresh waxing and my legs have that “come feel my smooth legs NOW” vibe the whole time.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not dissing shaving at all! It is handy when you’re in a rush but for a long term solution if you started waxing your hair follicles become weaker so that you would be hair free longer. I also found I did not get as many ingrown hairs from waxing so if you want something that’s carefree and reliable then I’d happily choose waxing any day!
If you decide to get waxing but you’re unsure about the whole process, our Waxperts at The Wax & Tan Suites would be happy to explain the whole shabang to help you understand it more and hopefully feel a bit more comfortable! What I like about Waxperts’ products and why it’s unique is the fact that it’s on a lower heat than most hot wax’s. The pre-wax oil prevents the wax sticking to the skin so therefore its not pulling the skin when removing the hair.
So what’s your opinion…do you rather shave or bite the bullet and start waxing to save time and effort for the future you?
Leah, Lash Technician at The Nail & Lash Boutique